God's Amazing Grace on My Health


It's a good thing to be able to do push-ups again after bouts of ailments that forced me to stop working out for months. Due to the ailments I was forced to eliminate pork, beef, chicken and most fish types from my diet and limited myself to vegetables, herbs, fruits and deep sea fish with scales. Due to the change in diet my body reacted a bit and I lost weight fast.

Photo by Aziz Acharki on Unsplash.

I terribly missed my favorite meat and pork dishes and was excited about eating for the first time a large burger at Burger King. My son highly recommended it, knowing I loved beefs and steaks. But before that could happen, the ailments forced me drastically to a life of semi-vegetarian.

I also suffered bouts of dizziness and weakness due to the sudden change of diet, especially when all I ate were tasteless boiled vegetables for weeks. Gradually, I used some salt again and some vegetable spices and natural seasoning like peppers. But then I had to get rid of peppers again and other hot spices like that to avoid irritating my stomach.

At first I hated the idea of eating zero meat. But then I started liking it after a while. In fact, I love being 85% vegetarian today and hate even tasting any meat. Sometimes I let myself some tuna or deep sea fish like talakitok and maya-maya, but not too much. I like feeding my body with more vegetables and fruits.

Finally, when I felt like my body had initially recovered, I started hitting the road and brisk walking. At first it was some struggle, getting easily dizzy and weak and all that. But the body can be taught and trained slowly. Soon I was walking faster.

I've always been athletic since grade school, working out regularly and jogging. Then ailments suddenly attacked me recently. I was a bit devastated. Why should something like that happen to me when I was supposed to be a health buff and a believer. After getting disappointed with God, I repented and just trusted him. If you're reading this, please help pray for me. Thanks.

Then I gradually tried some isometric workouts---bending iron bar and chest expander. It brought back my arm strength. And then I started doing squats, too. Squats and brisk walking are excellent.

Finally this afternoon, I tried push-ups and I was okay! The first time I tried it after the ailments, I felt so dizzy and weak and my heartbeat went wild for hours without stopping. "Oh my! What's happening to me?" I asked God and felt frustrated. But I was glad this afternoon. I tried it again and I was okay! Praise GOD!

I hope and pray that good health in me and my wife will continue and progress from now on, in Jesus' Name!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOD's Next: Complete Restoration

GOD's Next Move

All is Christ